How to prepare your home for the winter
As colder weather is making its way across the district, making sure that your heating and hot water are working in your home is essential.
Here are our five simple steps to ensure your home stays warm this winter.
- Carry out a pre-winter test by turning your heating on for 15 – 30 minutes. If your heating doesn’t come on, please get in touch with us.
- Check your radiators and pipework for leaks, and report any minor leaks
- Ensure that your boiler or airing cupboards are clear from obstructions.
- If you have a pay as you go gas/electric meter, where possible, try to prevent it from running out of credit as this can cause multiple issues to your heating/hot water supply. For support with paying your meter, visit: Help with your energy bills: Overview - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) or contact your energy supplier.
- Make sure the end of your gas flue, which can usually be found outside your property on the wall where the boiler is situated, is clear of any obstructions.
If you are an Epping Forest District Council Resident and need to report repairs, you can contact us online www.qualispropertysolutions.co.uk, via phone 0333 230 0464 or email email@example.com